Make Carrara Marble with Epoxy
Let’s get one thing straight: Carrara marble is beautiful! But despite this elegance, marble has its downsides. For example:
Marble is expensive. Carrara marble is popular because it’s one of the cheapest types of marble. However, it still costs a minimum of £30 per square foot. And that doesn’t include installation!
Marble is soft. It’s actually a very compressed version of limestone, which makes it porous and prone to chips, cracks, and scratches.
Fortunately, there’s a way to get all the looks and effect of marble with none of the downsides. We’ve used epoxy to make expensive Carrara marble on a budget. Plus, it’s so easy to work with that DIYers and hobbyists can do it at home!
- Stone Coat Countertop Epoxy (0.5, 1, 2 or 4* gallon)
- White Metallic Powder
- Black Metallic Powder
- White Epoxy Undercoat
*4 Gallon Kit includes 2 of each Metallic Powder
How Much Do I Need?
- ½ Gallon Countertop Epoxy kit will cover 10 sq ft.
- 1 Gallon Countertop Epoxy kit will cover 20 sq ft.
- 2 Gallon Countertop Epoxy kit will cover between 40 – 50 sq ft. (Most Popular)
- 4 Gallon Countertop Epoxy kit is meant for a large kitchen that’s 60 sq ft.